A few general things you need to know about packing:
- Keep boxes to 50 lbs or less.
- Put heavier items in smaller boxes and light items in larger boxes.
- Pack non-breakables tightly in smaller boxes, so they're not too heavy.
- Buy newsprint to wrap items, and bubble wrap or foam peaunts for padding.
- Pack breakables securely with lots of bubble wrap or foam peanuts.
- Label boxes by room, to help with unloading and unpacking. Color coding systems works great.
- Label "FRAGILE" on all boxes with breakables. You will want to stack these boxes on top.